Sunday, May 5, 2013

FCBD was a BLAST


I was at the Source for the 2nd consecutive year for FCBD and it was a blast! While I was initially frustrated about missing my new book from Comicpress(!), it was nice to meet with local creators like Otis Frampton, Anthony Hary and Willis Nance. I also met a few new people who are now on my facebook and had some interesting conversations.

One of the best moments of the day was when I was asked by a 3rd grade teacher if I would be willing to discuss being a writer to his students. I told him of course! It meant a lot to me and I hope it happens because I started becoming a writer in 3rd grade after winning a poetry contest. After that, I began writing short stories and lyrics, which led to tele/screenplays and comics.

Other than that, I did meet some other cool people, got told that I should become a pro wrestler, which would be awesome and got to see Iron Man 3 afterwards for my friends birthday. Although exhausting, it was an amazing experience that I would not change for anything.

Now I have a few weeks to prep for Spring Con, then a little more time to prep for Texas Comicon. Times are busy, now back to writing for me.

Shout out David Bensussan who represented Geeky Universe by filming and interviewing people for our website and taking the photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment