Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Introducing APAD in 2013

This agency was actually created with James Bond and the classic thinking of British agencies in mind. The main characters are human in these, though we do focus on them in a paranormal setting. We dive heavily into the British culture in this series, as well as we focus on the human elements

You may have seen some of the postings of the Agency of Paranormal Activities and Defenses in the past, but 2013 will be the year that I will be launching the brand seriously. I want to explain why I am going to devote more time on this brand in 2013 than any other.



1. The debuting mini series will be released in 2013: I will launch the debuting the first mini series of the APAD this year. The book, story by myself, scripted by Jonathan Clode (I assist in the first issue), and drawn by Shawn Wagner. It will be produced by my brand, Im a Geek Entertainment, but I will actually be submitting this project to another publisher.

This is the rough pencils to the cover for the first issue by Shawn Wagner, which features Mr. Thomas and his legion of Super Werewolves. I am also fortunate enough to have the extremely talented artist, Larry Watts (Zenescope's Robyn Hood) working on the TPB cover for the series!

2. Multiple Projects: I will be releasing multiple stories of the APAD this year. So far, I have 4 projects in the APAD universe planned for 2013, and they are...

APAD: Full Moon- The first mini series of the APAD

APAD: Luck of the Irish- A one shot that features a new main character, as well as leprechauns.

APAD: TOP SECRET FILES- A one shot of lost short stories from the APAD universe.

APAD: Feeding Nessie- A one page story that features the Loch Ness monster. Will be printed in a 11x17 print.

I also have at least 4 other mini series/one shots that are plotted out, ready to get written.

3. Endless Storytelling:  The thing I am most excited about with creating the APAD is that the universe is seemingly endless. Not only do we have Robert Smith and the 4rd generation of the agency, but we can create from the 3rd, 2nd, and 1st generations of the agency (with his father, grandfather and great-grandfather), as well as the huge amounts of monsters that I can create. I have already created a slew of new monsters, as well as adding on to existing monsters.

4. Expansions: Not only will I have the chance to create amazing stories, but deliver great storytelling in other capabilities. There is a chance in the next year or so, that we will have a Characters Book of the APAD, since the universe is going to be expanding quickly. Secondly, I am strongly considering writing a novel regarding the APAD.

I am extremely excited about this series, and hope I will soon be posting more covers, and pages, and hopefully some good news soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment